Chromecast is a great way to bridge the gap between a smart TV and a normal TV. Chromecast will allow you to easily stream apps like Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, etc., especially if you’re dealing with a non-smart TV. With the help of this gadget, you can cast content on a bigger screen, enjoy YouTube, HBO, and other apps on the TV, stream a Facebook live or enjoy photos from your PC.
Anyway, I believe you must be aware of all the specs of a Chromecast so let’s just move past that now. And get to our main concern.
Yes, you can control Chromecast from your PC very easily. You can stream audio, videos or mirror your desktop easily with a Chromecast. Controlling Chromecast from a PC is a simple process that needs setting up once only, and then you’ll be free to cast whatever you want on your TV. So let’s see how you can do it.
How to set up Chromecast from PC?
Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be able to set up the Chromecast with your PC and TV.
- Connect the Chromecast and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the Chromecast to the TV via its HDMI port.
- Make sure that your PC has Chrome installed on it. Open Google Chrome and visit chromecast.com/setup from it.
- Over here, you’ll see a setup guide. Follow the instructions and download the application.
What are the best Chromecast Applications?
There are quite a lot of applications that are suitable for Chromecast. With the help of these applications, you can cast whatever you want from your PC. Try finding the best applications for Chromecast on Google. You’ll find a long list over there. Some of the best applications for Chromecast include Team viewer, Live TV Apps, and Solid Explorer, etc. Install whatever seems the most suitable to you.
How to broadcast from a PC?
Broadcasting from your PC is just one click away. You just need to find the broadcast button and click it. You’ll be able to cast everything on the big screen. You can stream Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Facebook, and many such apps on your TV from your PC.
- For instance, if you want to stream YouTube on your TV, play a video on YouTube Web via Chrome.
- In the YouTube Player settings or control bar, you’ll see a broadcast button.
- Click on this button and set broadcast to Chromecast.
- Voila! Your content is on the TV Screen.
Team viewer to control Chromecast from PC
Team viewer gives you complete control over your PC even while casting a screen on the TV. When you’re casting directly from Chrome, you ought to stay on the same screen for the casting to continue uninterrupted on TV. However, Teamviewer gives you the liberty to go about your tasks on PC while streaming YouTube simultaneously on the TV aside.
- For this, you need to install Teamviewer on your PC and have your computer connected to the Internet.
- Now launch a video from Chrome to your PC with the help of Teamviewer.
- Once the video is launched on your PC, now you can cast it to Chromecast.
- Once that’s done, you can close the app and carry on other tasks on your PC without intrusion.
Can I stream local files via Chromecast?
Well, Chromecast is usually used to cast content from the Internet, but it is surely not limited to that only. You can easily cast local files from your PC to the TV screen. For streaming local files via Chromecast,
- Open Google Chrome
- Type file://C:/ in the address bar.
- This way, you’ll be able to access the contents of your PC via Chrome.
- Now that you have access to all the local files choose the file that you want to cast.
- Click the cast button, and there you can see the local PC files on the bigger screen.
Can I control Chromecast with a remote?
You can use Chromecast Voice Remote to control Chromecast. You can use the Voice remote to change, power the device, or configure other input buttons.
You can configure these Voice Remote functions when you’re setting up Chromecast. Or you can leave that for later and then configure it from the Chromecast Settings.
Is Google Chromecast really worth it?
Well, in our opinion, Google Chromecast is a cheap way to transform your ordinary TV into a smart TV. If you want to stream content from the Internet on your TV, then Chromecast is the way to go. And given its price, it is completely worth it.
Are there any downsides to Chromecast?
Of course, every gadget or device has its pros and cons. The biggest plus side for a Chromecast is that it allows you to make a smart TV out of your ordinary TV, but there are a few cons as well.
- Chromecast has very similar yet better and more efficient competitors in the market.
- To use Chromecast, you have to have a PC or mobile device in addition to a TV.
- Chromecast is not very powerful and may have syncing problems.
What to do if there’s a lag between the Chromecast and PC?
If you’re using a less powerful PC or a mediocre network connection, there’s a great chance that you’ll experience a lag between the Chromecast streaming and your PC, or the sound might go out of sync.
The best way to overcome this problem is to lower the video quality. You can change the streaming quality from Casting options on Chrome. Lags usually happen due to connectivity issues or memory issues on the PC.