If you’re struggling to run Blu-ray on your HP laptop, then this is the right place for you to find a quick fix for this issue. HP laptops are usually capable of running DVDs or CDs only. A few exceptions are present, of course.
There are HP laptops that can play Blu-ray without any additional hassle, and in that case, you don’t need to do much. This guide, on the contrary, is directed to those who are in search of a solution.
There are quite a few solutions that can help you play Blu-ray on your HP laptops, and we’ll comprehensively discuss each of them right here, so let’s get started.
First of all, you need to make sure if your HP laptop can play Blu-ray or not. Gladly, it’s not rocket science, and you’ll need to make the following few checks to confirm that.
- Look for a Blu-ray logo or sticker on the keyboard or touchpad of your laptop.
- Alternatively, you may also find the sticker on the disk drive.
- If you’re still unsure, head to the official website of HP. Find the exact model of your device and check its compatibility with Blu-ray.
Well, this is another important check that you need to make. If your laptop doesn’t have a Blu-ray drive, then you’ll not be able to play Blu-ray on it. Anyway, you don’t need to worry much about it.
There’s a solution to that as well. You’ll have to get your hands on an external Blu-ray drive that’ll cost you anywhere around 50 to 100 bucks.
Now let’s finally get to the long due question, learn a few simple solutions and say adieu to your problem.
Blu-ray Player for HP laptop
The usual stars for media playback, i.e. Windows Media Player or VLC player do not play Blu-ray discs which means that you’ll need an alternative to these.
If you do not have a Blu-ray player on your HP laptop, you’ll not be able to play the Blu-ray disk no matter what. So it is crucial to find a decent Blu-ray player that will allow you to run Blu-ray discs easily.
Install a Blu-ray Player
Firstly, find a suitable Blu-ray player for your laptop. It should be able to provide a smooth playback with decent audio quality, apart from playing Blu-ray, if it supports other file formats such as MP4, MPV, MPEG, etc.
Now, if you’re successfully done with all of this, you can proceed to the following steps:
- Insert your desired Blu-ray disc into the Blu-ray drive.
- Next, launch the Blu-ray player that you installed previously.
- After opening the player, you’ll need to locate and open that disc.
- The Blu-ray player will immediately start to play your Blu-ray video.
Rip and Convert Blu-ray
Using an external Blu-ray drive at all times may not be convenient.
As an alternative to that, you can resort to this option. For this method, you do not need any player or external drive whatsoever.
You need to learn to rip your Blu-ray disc and convert it to a system-compatible file format, and you’ll be good to go. Now you must be wondering how you can rip your Blu-ray. Well, here’s a guide to exactly that:
Install a Blu-ray Converter
You need an excellent Blu-ray converter that’ll allow you to convert a Blu-ray disk into an easy-to-access file that can be saved to your system.
If this method seems feasible to you, follow this simple and basic method to rip and convert your Blu-ray:
- Install a Blu-ray Converter on your HP laptop. The converter shall be able to bypass the disc security and offer conversion to multiple file formats.
- Once you’re done with the installation, insert your Blu-ray disc into the drive and load it from the Blu-ray converter.
- The converter will give you options for different file formats. Select your desired format for conversion.
- After that, select the rip all/rip Blu-ray option from the converter.
- Within a few minutes, you will be able to digitally save your Blu-ray disc to your laptop in a system-compatible format.
Note: We advise you to keep this ripped version for personal use only and not resort to any illegal means.
The methods mentioned above are super easy to execute. It is highly unlikely for you to encounter any problem if you follow these methods step-by-step. Lastly, for smooth and trouble-free playback, ensure that your disc is clean and scratch-free.